Warm, comforting and simply deliciousness in a mug, that’s how to describe this incredible latte that’s easy to make at home and perfect on a cold Winter’s night.
Of course you can always go to your local coffee shop and grab a latte, but really, making it yourself is so much more satisfying, not to mention this latte is actually healthy for you; the store-bought one…not so much.
Some of these ingredients may be unfamiliar to you but are actually very common in other countries:
Matcha is a form of green tea concentrated in a powder that’s commonly used in Japan. You’ve heard about all those health benefits of green tea, right? Being high in antioxidants, helps us deal with stress, so multiply those benefits by 10 when you use matcha powder.
Maca, which comes from a root and is in powder form, is very popular in countries such as Peru where it’s used to increase energy. The other ingredients are coconut milk (healthy fats!), vanilla and maple syrup.
You’re definitely going to want to get your hands on these ingredients and enjoy this amazing homemade latte RIGHT NOW!
Matcha Maca Latte
Recipe by Susanna Deering, RHN
(makes one large mug)
- ½ cup coconut milk (from a can, shaken up)
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ tsp green tea matcha powder
- ¼ tsp maca powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk and the water until steaming hot,
- Add in all other ingredients and whisk to combine,
- To make it extract smooth and frothy, pour into a blender and blend for about 3 seconds,
- Pour into your favourite mug and sip away!