Most teens are affected by acne at some point.
Studies suggest that early onset acne in teens can most likely result in worsening of the condition throughout the teen years, so, it is important for tweens and teens to gain control of acne early to prevent severe scarring that could last a very long time, if not forever.
If there are no signs of acne, don’t assume that you’ll get it and madly start treating your skin with products because that will just cause unnecessary irritation and the “appearance” of acne (red spots, irritated bumps, etc.)
Teens’ pores are still youthful, so keep the skin care methods pure and simple so that you don’t start skin reactions.
Do not use overly-fragranced products or complicated skin care regimens that can irritate your young, healthy pores.
Make sure to protect skin when going outside and hydrate using pure and mild moisturizers and an SPF.
85% of teens and 72% of adults think that washing your face more often helps to clear up acne.
This is not true. You should never over-wash or over-treat teenaged skin.
– Acne affects 20% of Canadians
– 80% of them are teens aged 12-24 years old
– Acne can exist at any age, 20% consists of adult onset acne cases
– Worst case teen acne usually persists into adulthood.
- Keep it Clean – wash all pillowcases, bedding and sports clothes often, clean your face cloth regularly and keep make-up brushes washed and sanitized on a daily basis. Don’t allow acne to spread with dirty deeds!
- Use a mild cleanser on your face and affected skin only twice daily and refresh your skin by using a nourishing detoxifying spray toner at home and at school, after gym or on tough days.
- DO NOT pick or pop zits!!! This will cause more bacteria to spread in the area and worsen potential outbreaks and also cause scarring.
- Wear less make-up (older women pay the big bucks for your skin as it is now), and use non-comedogenic (non-pore-clogging) formulations.
Let your skin breathe, go totally make-up free for a few days – it’s actually liberating!
The Soya Boutique offers products that provide a simple and pure skin care solution for the whole family – products that make your skin glow and make you feel good about using them.